Administrative Milestone of CE
1987 “Clinical Engineers Law” was promulgated by MHLW ( Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
1990 Professional organization JACET was founded ( Japan Association of Clinical Engineering Technologists )
2002 JACET was certified by MHLW as a public utilities corporation
2008 “JACET Academy” and “JACET Seminar Center” were founded
2010 20th Anniversary of “ JACET ” CE’s business expansion Additional service fee for CE
Situation of CE in Japan
No. of Licensed CE : 27,699 as of March 2010 1,555 were newly licensed in March 2010
Actually working CE : approximately 18,000
Member of JACET : approximately 10,900 as of May 2010
CE at Work
Current situation of CE (in 2007～2010)
Some examples are as follows:
- Revision of Medical Law was enforced in April 2007, and staffing of a person in charge of medical equipment management became mandatory for the safety purpose.
- MHLW issued a notification in December 2007 urging positive utilization of CE.
- A law enforced in April 2008 restricts the attendance of medical equipment manufacturer representatives to clinical site, and original role of CE is highly recognized again.
- Public remuneration for one of CE’s jobs became payable in April 2008.
Additional Medical Service Fee under Health Insurance
☆ Medical equipment safety management fee
☆ Dialysate quality control fee
☆ Respiratory Care Team fee
Above fees will be paid when CEs are acutually involved in providing the services on site
Future of CE in Japan
- Continuous efforts towards safe operation of LSS
- Legal enhancement of CE’s duties
- Authoritative specialists to LSS at medical institutions
- Improvement & Expand of Education system & Certification system
- Improvement & Expand of“JACET Academy” & “JACET Seminar center”
- JACET work together with academic societies of their fields to make recommendation and develop next generation medical equipment